If you are looking for ways to improve your law firm’s online presence, one strategy is to get more five-star Google reviews. Even if your clients are satisfied with your legal services, it can be challenging to get them actually to leave a review. However, having a track record of positive reviews on your Google Business Profile can improve your chances of attracting new clients and upholding or improving your law firm’s reputation.
If you are at a loss for how to get more five-star Google reviews, we have you covered with the most effective strategies. Before that, let’s go over what a Google Business Profile is and how it works.
How Do Google Business Profiles Work?
Google Business Profile is a free tool that allows businesses to appear on Google Search and Maps. All you need to do is create and manage your profile. With an active Google Business Profile, you can ensure your business information, like address, phone number and hours of operation, is always up to date. You can also provide a list of services and provide an efficient means of contact for potential clients.
- It is important to note that after you sign up for a Google Business Profile, you will need to verify your law firm business. Verification is often done via phone call or text message, but you can also request a postcard be sent to your office. Verification ensures that profiles belong to legitimate businesses.
Your Google Business Profile also lets you respond to client reviews. When you respond, your reply is posted under the review with the label “Response from the owner.” This is another way potential clients can verify that you are a trustworthy law firm.
Why Are Google Reviews Important?
When it comes down to it, Google reviews offer law firms a chance to prove themselves to potential clients before contact is ever made. Some of the more specific benefits of Google reviews include the following:
- Increase brand awareness. Brand awareness and trust are crucial factors when someone chooses a law firm. With positive reviews on your firm, you provide potential clients with a sense of confidence and security when reaching out to your law firm.
- Boost local SEO. It is no secret that Google’s algorithm is complex, but we know that Google reviews affect local search. When you have a high percentage of positive reviews, it is more likely that your firm will appear on local searches for potential clients in your targeted geographies.
- Improve click-through rates. Positive Google reviews can improve websites’ click-through rates. If potential site visitor sees your positive rating on your Google Business Profile, they are more likely to click to your website to learn more about how you may be able to help them.
- Learn what is not working. Google reviews can give you insight into what is known as the “customer feedback loop.” A customer feedback loop can tell you whether your law firm is delivering a positive customer experience, where your law firm is excelling or floundering, and which legal services are most often sought from your firm.
- Convert leads to clients. Visitors to your website are likely looking for legal services or advice. When you have many 5-star Google reviews, you increase your chances of a potential client becoming a paying client.
Now that you are aware of how your Google Business Profile works and understand the importance of Google reviews, let us look at strategies you can implement to increase the chances of your clients leaving feedback.
Strategies for Getting More Five-Star Google Reviews
When it comes to getting more positive online reviews for your website, it is crucial to make the review process as simple as possible. No matter how qualified an attorney you are, you are bound to have unsatisfied clients. Unfortunately, unsatisfied clients are more likely to leave a review — and a negative one. To encourage your happy clients to leave reviews, you need to make them aware of the review process and its importance to you. You will also need to ensure the process is intuitive and efficient.
Ask for Reviews
There are numerous ways you can ask for reviews without seeming pestering. For example, consider concluding your services by asking them to leave a review online. You can also include your request in written form, letting clients know how to go about leaving a review. To encourage future clients to leave feedback, respond to every review you receive. Respond with gratitude to those who leave positive reviews. As intimidating or frustrating as it may seem, you should also respond to negative reviews. Remain professional and, if necessary, take action to correct any faults if possible.
You know how busy your clients are, so you may need to send the occasional reminder if you aren’t receiving expected reviews. Depending on the client, you may be able to reach out to them personally, or an automated email may be more appropriate. Either way, include a link to your review platform to make the process quick and easy.
Consider Online Review Service Companies
There are a number of online review service companies you can hire to do your review management. When you consult with a review service company, explain your goals and budget to ensure you receive the best service possible. Depending on where you choose to outsource, you may have access to a review management system where you can track and respond to reviews, or a live person may monitor your reviews and keep you updated on significant changes.
Get More Five-Star Google Reviews for Your Law Firm
Positive Google reviews can significantly impact your firm’s reputation and online presence. Remember to make the review process simple and accessible no matter which strategies you use. As you get more five-star reviews on your Google Business Profile, you can expect an uptick in website traffic and leads.
More Online Review Tips from Attorney at Work Authors
You Might Also Like These Articles on Attorney at Work:
Subscribe to Attorney at Work
Get really good ideas every day for your law practice: Subscribe to the Daily Dispatch (it’s free). Follow us on Twitter @attnyatwork.